Backing up with an External Hard Drive
Multiple security threats on the internet these days such as Trojan horses, viruses and spyware in addition to multiple people using the same computer put sensitive documents and important files at a higher risk of corruption or loss. An external hard drive allows information to be stored separately from the main internal hard drive, which could become compromised, damaged or corrupted.
How much data it stores depends on how big the hard drive is inside the external case. As people accumulate more and more valuable files, an external hard drive can save unnecessary stress and frustration in the event that everything is lost.
StarTech.com Silver SATA External Hard Drive
Some benefits of having an external hard drive include:
- Easily upgradeable – if you find that you are running out of storage, you can easily replace the hard drive with a bigger one.
- Ability to store a large amount of data – the space required for multimedia storage has soared with digital files often taking up large amounts of room on a system’s hard drive. There is more than enough room on an external hard drive for music, pictures, movies and entire computer programs.
- Enhanced performance – an external hard drive will create more space so that the computer doesn’t become clogged with downloads and large files that can cause it to slow down.
- Safe – because the external hard drive is not permanently connected to the computer, if the system crashes, information and files will be spared.
The first step to safeguarding digital treasures is with an external hard drive.
The Perfect Portable Storage Solution
An ideal cost-effective backup device that is a dependable place to store large files is the StarTech InfoSafe SAT3510U2V SATA external hard drive enclosure that allows installation of a 3.5” SATA hard drive for connection to a computer using USB 2.0. This storage solution allows for a wide variety of applications including:
- Application sharing between desktops and laptops
- Data archiving
- Backing up existing hard drives to preserve data security.
The USB 2.0 SATA hard drive enclosure is compatible with 3.5 in SATA (SATA, SATA II, SATA III) drives and features a smooth and sturdy aluminum casing that combines fashion with function. Not only will the SATA 3.5” enclosure complement any MAC or PC, but the aluminum body also conducts heat away from the drive, while running at maximum performance and protecting it from excess heat. Other features of the 3.5” SATA are:
- High speed 2.0 host interface
- Supported transfer rates up to 480 Mbps
- Power/Activity LED indicator
- Supports 3.5” form factor SATA hard drives
- Compatible with SATA revision 1/2/3 (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps) hard drives
The enclosure is compatible with a range of operating systems such as the latest versions of:
- MAC OS
No matter what the use of the StarTech InfoSafe 2.0 SATA external enclosure hard drive is, this lightweight external hard drive will meet and exceed industry standards in addition to your own.